In this Server StorageIO podcast episode New York Times CTO / CIO Nick Rockwell (@nicksrockwell) joins me for a conversation discussing Digital, Business and IT transformation, Serverless Life Beyond DevOps and related topics.
In our conversation we discuss challenges with metrics, understanding value vs. cost particular for software, Nicks perspective as both a CIO and CTO of the New York Times, importance of IT being involved and understanding the business vs. just being technology focused. We also discuss the bigger broader opportunity of serverless (aka micro services, containers) life beyond DevOps and how higher level business logic developers can benefit from the technology instead of just a DevOps for infrastructure focus. Buzzwords, buzz terms and themes include datacenter technologies, NY Times, data infrastructure, management, trends, metrics, digital transformation, tradecraft skills, DevOps, serverless among others.
Where to learn more
Learn more about Oracle, Database Performance, Benchmarking along with other tools via the following links:
- The Futile Resistance to Serverless (via Nick Rockwell blog)
- Nick Rockwell New York Times profile, Nick on Twitter (@NickRocksWell)
- Data Infrastructure Server Storage I/O related Tradecraft Overview
- Did you want a side of SLBS (server less BS) with your software or hardware FUD?
- Software Defined Data Infrastructure Essentials (CRC Press 2017)
- Server StorageIO.tv (various videos and podcasts, fun and for work)
What this all means and wrap-up
Check out my discussion here (MP3) with Nick Rockwell as we discuss IT and business transition, metrics, software development, and serverless life beyond DevOps. Also available on
Ok, nuff said, for now…
Ok, nuff said, for now.