The organizers of the SNW Europe, Datacenter Technologies and Virtualization World conferences have announced further details relating to the agenda of the three events taking place at Congress Frankfurt on 30th and 31st October 2012. Under the banner “Powering the Cloud”, the conferences will feature a number of leading analyst houses and independent commentators hosting a series of half-day mini-tracks addressing the key issues and topics affecting most organizations’ IT strategies and needs.
The mini-tracks will each focus on a particular subject and be hosted by an analyst, with a mix of vendor, end-user and, where relevant, SNIA and/or other association content. Each mini-track will close with an open Q&A session for the audience and speakers to exchange views and get questions answered.
- Big Data & Analytics chaired by The 451 Group
- Next Generation Data Protection chaired by IDC Europe
- The Infrastructure Impact of Virtualization chaired by The Evaluator Group
- Disaster Recovery Techniques: How to protect your data chaired by Krischer & Associates
- Cloud Storage and SaaS chaired by The 451 Group
- Datacenter Networking chaired by Neuralytix
- Solid State Storage and its Impact on the IT Environment chaired by The Evaluator Group
- Converged Infrastructures chaired by The 451 Group
- Data Security in the Cloud chaired by IDC Europe
The organizers will also be hosting a dedicated “Managed Services Summit” aimed at resellers looking to evolve their businesses to deliver managed services to their clients rather than the more traditional product supply and maintenance services. Members of the IT channel community will have the chance to exchange ideas with and ask questions of vendors, industry analysts and their peers and discuss opportunities and best practices of this emerging business model.
The organizers have also released an updated sponsors list which reveals that 30% will be exhibiting in Frankfurt for the first time, while the rest are high-profile vendors who have been returning to the events year after year.
“End-users and resellers have a wide range of events to choose from. That’s why we, as an organizing committee, are always adapting our conferences to keep in line with the demands and needs of our target audiences,” said Paul Trowbridge, program director of the ‘Powering the Cloud’ events. “By listening to feedback from sponsors and attendees alike, we are able to ensure that the events are current, topical and that they address the most pressing challenges facing data center professionals and channel partners today.”
“The Frankfurt events are well aligned with Emulex’s converged networking strategy. The organizers address a variety of key data center trends under one common umbrella, giving us the opportunity to reach a wider target audience that is interested in I/O advances for physical and virtual storage, server and networking technology,” said Jason Phippen, senior marketing director EMEA at Emulex, a gold sponsor. “We are particularly looking forward to discussing our vision for Data Centre 2016 and engaging in conversations with customers , partners and peers regarding the evolution of IT and how we can help attendees achieve their own IT data center transformation goals.”
Confirmed sponsors include:
- Platinum: DataCore Software, Dell, Fujitsu, VMware
- Gold: Brocade, Emulex, Hitachi Data Systems, Kaspersky Lab, NetApp, Quantum
- Silver+: Amplidata, Avere Systems, CommVault, F5 Networks, Fast LTA, Fusion IO, Intel, LSI, Methode, Nexenta, Progress DataDirect, QLogic, Riverbed, Rosenberger OSI, SafeNet, Scality, Smart Storage Solutions, SolarWinds, Spectra Logic, STEC, Synology, Trend Micro, Veeam, Viking Technology, Virtual Instruments, Xsigo
- Silver: Inktank, LG, Nexenta, NovaStor, PoINT, QNAP, OCZ, qSkills, SmartOptics, Texas Memory Systems, Whiptail
To register for free, use promo code P55M12 on www.poweringthecloud.com/registration.
To register for a complimentary press/blogger/analyst pass please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.